Monday, March 27, 2017

I've Been Thinking a Lot About Charity

C-Bud district visiting Hluboka castle today

Starsi Shirley outside of Hluboka castle

View from the back balcony of Starsi Shirley's apartment

The view just outside of the church building in Ceske Budejovice

A pretty church in town

Hluboka castle - today's P-day excursion







The C-Bud district at Hluboka castle

March 27, 2017

Hi!

I don't know if I have a whole ton to write about this week. We have probably 4 or 5 solid investigators right now. Again we had 4 at church this last week. Elder Robinson and I are getting along well and we are teaching pretty well together. He's fun to be around. 

Lately I have been thinking a lot about charity. I think that is one thing that I can improve on in these last couple months of the mission. I feel that as I come to love these people more and more, I will have an even greater desire to serve them to the best of my ability for this last while here. I know that as we come to know the Savior and the love that he has for us, we can understand in turn how we can love others with that Christ-like love. 

News from me this week: I seemed to have injured my knee slightly this past week. I can't really run on it and sometimes it hurts to bend. But it's nothing to be super worried about and it isn't affecting the work, so don't worry :)

Q. What are your Sundays like in your new area?

A. Sundays are pretty similar to any other day as a missionary. My Sunday yesterday was a little different of an experience than I have ever had in my life. The branch president was gone and so I, as the 1st counselor, was the presiding authority at church. How different is that? Haha! I lead the church meetings and took the sacrament first and things like that. I never would have expected to do that as a 19 year old! Oh, also with the new calling, tell Dad that I got to do all the finance work with the Branch President this past week and I'll be helping with that for the next few months while I am here. I can't say it is the most exciting thing I've ever done haha. 

Q. Have you missed Mom’s cooking? If so, what in particular? 
A. I definitely do miss your cooking! I never realized how nice it was to just come home and not worry about food and suddenly a whole meal was prepared and ready on the table. Tater tots sound super good. I miss tacos! We rarely, if ever, eat tacos. And that was your favorite meal to make! Sunday roast and mashed potatoes is super good too. 

Q.  How are your recent investigators doing?

A. The part member family is doing good. They are coming to church, we just need to set a solid date for baptism. We have a few other investigators. One of them is an awesome man who has had a really rough past. Basically been through it all but is such a humble guy.

Q. How do you like the new area by now?

A. I’m still liking the new area. We have yet to tract actually. We have been either teaching or contacting around the city.

Love you lots!
-Elder Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment