Monday, April 4, 2016

I Find That I Am Happy All The Time!

Elder Shirley and his companion Elder Lovell

Elder Shirley still loves a good meat and potatoes meal

April 4, 2016

Čau family and friends!

This week went by so fast! Time continues to just fly by. 

Tuesday night, Elder Lovell and I took a bus to Brno to start our exchange with the zone leaders. I came back here to UH with Elder Tingey and we started the exchange that night. 

Wednesday was a day full of contacting people in the city. We also taught English that night. 

Thursday was district meeting in Zlín. We talked about giving people commitments and follow-up on the commitments that we give. We contacted in Zlín for a while about our English class to see if we could get more people to come. The rest of Thursday was more contacting in the city! 

Friday, we started the day with a small service project. We helped a lady in her garden. The rest of the day, we tracted and contacted. 

Saturday we weekly planned, contacted, and then in the evening, we had a sports night! It has gotten pretty warm here and with the time change, it is light enough outside to play sports in the evening. We played a little softball and soccer. It was a blast! I definitely have missed playing sports all the time.

Yesterday was fast Sunday for us because we don't get to watch conference this week. Because of the time change and the translation, we just wait a week to listen to it. I'm super excited though! Conference has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Yesterday we had a good testimony meeting in church. The remainder of the day was spent tracting and contacting.

After writing that summary of the week, I realize how much we go contacting and tracting. But this last week, I have started to realize how much I actually love my mission. I find that I am happy all the time and sometimes, I have no idea why! Haha. The mission really is the greatest learning and growing process that everyone talks about. I wouldn’t trade it for anything! Serving the Lord is hard work, but definitely fulfilling. 

Love you all! I hope you enjoyed conference and were uplifted by it! Ahoj!

-Starší Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment