Tuesday, April 12, 2016

General Conference in Czech and Driving Internationally

An awesome member family here. We ate dinner at their house on Monday

We tracted to the top of this hill

Elder Shirley's new Czech-made Prim watch

April 11, 2016

{Elder Shirley said he was running short on time this week, so he didn’t get to do his normal big email, but I put together some pieces of information from the short personal emails that he sent to us.}

Transfers will be the week before Mother's day, so I don't know at all if I will stay, or at what time I will be able to Skype. I won't know until the week before! 

I watched General Conference in Czech with the branch this past weekend, so I'm not 100 percent sure who my favorite speaker is yet haha. But as far as I could tell, I really liked Elder Uchtdorf's talks! 

The contacting is great! We have really good conversations with people on the streets, but it has been hard to find new investigators. But, the solid investigator we do have, we put her on baptismal date this week! It was an awesome lesson and the member teaching with us really helped. She also came to conference which was great!

This week I officially get a car! I’ll be driving internationally! Has Dad ever even done that? Also, my next training on the 25th of April will be in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, so I’m getting to visit the other country!

I know sometimes I don't send the longest responses back, but I love hearing from everyone! Pictures are the best so keep sending them please! I'll try to send more! 

-Elder Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment