Thursday, May 4, 2017

Everyone Can Always Improve

P-day excursion with an investigator



May 1, 2017

Hi!

This week with investigators was alright. We still have our stud investigator who is doing awesome. He reads everything and comes to church every week. Basically just loves it all.

I set a goal this few weeks to find ways that I can improve and be a better and more obedient missionary. So I have been reading “Preach My Gospel” and such and I have made a list of all the things I can improve on. I think everyone can be and is a good missionary, but everyone can always improve right? :)

The best thing that happened this last week was probably branch conference. The stake presidency came to our branch and gave talks and also taught Sunday school. They and their families I think doubled our attendance :) But it was really cool to hear the talk from the stake president. He mentioned in his talk that we have to sometimes identify something that is holding us back and get rid of it. I felt like it was perfect for our investigator. Also, Sunday School was awesome. The 1st counselor led a discussion kind of a thing. It was really cool to see that he didn't have a whole lesson planned out, but that he was in tune with the Spirit enough to take the conversation where it needed to go. He is a gospel knowledgeable man and a good example for me of what I strive to be as a teacher.

We didn’t really do anything particular on my birthday; it was just a normal day. But as a district and with a member, we went out and got dinner. The member even bought it and he bought us some cake as well.

Love you!

-Elder Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment