Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Make A Difference For Someone Else

P-day in Cesky Krumlov with the new C-Bud district: Sestra Hayden, Sestra Miller, Starsi Shirley, Starsi Kevern

May 22, 2017

Hi!

My new companion, Elder Kevern from Saratoga Springs, UT, is great! He works hard and for only being in the country for 2 months, he speaks the language very well. We aren't too similar to each other, but enough that it's fun. We still go running in the morning. I enjoy it a lot more now than I did at the beginning of it. I already feel pretty in-shape so I'll be fit when I get back home.

Our investigators are doing great! One of them has a baptismal interview today. We're excited to see how that goes! There are two other kids that we are teaching. They are 11 and 12. Their grandpa is a member and they had expressed interest in wanting to be baptized in June. So we should have a few baptisms coming up in the near future :) 

In answer to your question, two things that have impacted me a ton on my mission have been my mission presidents and also the examples of missionaries older than me. I really look up to both President McConkie and to President Pohorelicky. It's been a privilege to have known both of them and to have been guided by them in my mission. I've realized how much and how great of an impact a missionary leader can make on other missionaries. There is nothing better than a great example to look up to and to work with. I think that applies in everything in life, not only on a mission. We all need to be an example because it can literally make all the difference for someone else. I guess that is why we always say to be an example in all that we do! People see when we live by the example of Christ. 

Question of the week (from Elder Shirley’s sister Abrea): Tell me about the most interesting person/investigator you talked to this week and what they said.

Answer: Maybe it's not the most interesting person of the week, but we did talk to one lady on the street that said she wasn't really interested, but then she asked us, "Why does God have to be a man? Couldn't it be a woman?" We told her that we actually do believe in a Heavenly Mother and she was really intrigued by that. She asked if she could meet with us and talk more haha. So that was pretty cool and pretty interesting.

Gotta go, love you lots!

-Elder Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment