Monday, January 9, 2017

Transfer Week - I'm Staying in Brno!


New European shoes

Elder Jensen - the missionary Elder Shirley was training this past transfer

January 9, 2017

Hi!

So, this is transfer week......I will be staying in Brno for my 3rd transfer here! My new comp is named Elder Oviatt. This is his last transfer in the mission and we will be serving here as zone leaders. He is also Canadian; my first non-American comp! We're excited to work this transfer. It will be interesting to both be quite old in the mission and serving together. There will definitely be some benefits to that.

As for the weather, it has snowed off and on pretty good this past week. It is usually at or around freezing temperature so we get pretty cold pretty fast. Good thing we are in a city that has city transportation so we can stay inside the warm trams and buses and just contact people in there!

We have a lot of investigators right now. In fact, probably more than I have had on my mission. We were in the building teaching most of this last week. We have a few that are progressing, but we are mostly just at the start of the teaching process with these investigators. 

One of the people that we taught, yesterday in fact, is really cool. He invited us to come to his house so we can teach. He is a really good, humble guy that said he is searching if God exists. Said he has never prayed but was willing to learn about it and wants to try. He also has a family and 2 kids. So I am excited to see how it goes with him! 

I’m just excited for another new transfer here in Brno! I think that will we have a very successful transfer here with the two of us. This transfer should be one where we see people progress and grow in the gospel. I am excited to see how it will all play out. I know that the gospel brings joy and happiness to those who are searching for it!

Love you lots!
-Elder Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment