Thursday, March 3, 2016

A New Opportunity: I'm Training A New Missionary!

Elder Shirley and the other missionaries in the district

Checking out some of the ruins around the castle

A P-day tour of a nearby castle. Unfortunately it was closed that day, but Elder Shirley took several pics of the exterior and surrounding area






On top of a tower in the city of Zlin


Enjoying the view on the Zlin tower

March 1, 2016

Ahoj! 

Big news for the week! We got transfer calls this last week and I will be staying in my area. And.........I will be TRAINING! Pretty crazy right? Especially because I don't fully understand the language yet, and I won't really have help from a companion anymore. It should be fun! 

I travel to Prague tomorrow and have a trainer training and then I get assigned my new comp Wednesday morning. I am pretty excited, nervous, happy, scared, and basically don't know what to expect yet haha. A mission does have lots of fun surprises though! I can't wait to see what this next transfer has in store! 

Other than that, my current companion is going home so we packed up this week and he said bye to everyone. He was a good missionary and will be missed. 

It rained quite a bit this week again! Love it!

We had training in Brno this last week as well. Sister McConkie gave an awesome training! President McConkie trained us on Joseph Smith and how he was such a powerful figure. President McConkie is so powerful when he testifies and it was great to hear and feel his strong testimony about the Prophet Joseph Smith. Elder and Sister Adler, the area seventy over the Czech Republic also came and trained us on the Sabbath day and on the Atonement. I have decided that training days are just the best! We found out who our new mission President will be as well. His name is Jan Pohořelický. And he is Czech! It will be awesome in the growth of the church here in the Czech Republic.

That's about it! I'm excited for this week! I'll let you know who my new companion is next time!

Love you all! 
-Starší Shirley



No comments:

Post a Comment