Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vizte, jsem učedníkem Ježíše Krista

Elder Shirley doing new missionary security duty at the MTC

Elder Shirley with Sister Bartschi on the day she enters the MTC



July 30, 2015

Hello family and friends!

I found a scripture that I really like this past week. 3 Nephi 5:13. That is what is quoted as the title of my email this week. In class this week, we also read through Mosiah 24 and I really like that chapter too. The message from that chapter is that through our trails and our burdens, the Lord will be there with us to help us and lift us through the problems we are having.

On Sunday, my companion and I taught priesthood meeting for our zone. We taught on recognizing and relying on the Spirit. I have found that I learn the most while I study to prepare for the lessons that I teach. On Sundays, we have a priesthood meeting, sacrament meeting, and then a district meeting. We also get to walk to the temple every Sunday evening.

For Sunday night devotional, Stephen B. Allen came and spoke to us again. He spoke on how being a missionary is a lot of hard work, but that we will be blessed for it as well as our families. Tuesday night devotional was by Elder Kendrick. He spoke about prayer and how we can use it to receive personal revelation in our lives.

On a less spiritual note, I am still enjoying the MTC food! Maybe a little too much though. I have gained about 9 pounds since I've been here and hopefully that weight won't get any higher! 

Every day I get an hour for gym time and I spend all of it playing basketball. After being here a little over 5 weeks, I have to say that I've gotten pretty good! Haha. 

On my P-days, we get to go to the temple, which is pretty awesome. We also do our laundry and we get to write emails for an hour. So I apologize to those who write me and I haven't sent a reply back! I love hearing any news from people though!

That's about it for this week. I am doing well with the language. It feels like it’s getting more comfortable but I still have tons to learn. Thanks for everyone's support! I love you all! 

-Starší Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment