Thursday, July 16, 2015

Another Good Week in the MTC

Posing in front of the MTC map

Companion Elder Newman

With his companion and the Czech flag

With Elder Fleming before he headed out to Portland

Elder Stacey from Idaho Falls made this banana

July 16, 2015

Ahoj everyone!

This week was another good week in the MTC! 

On Friday, we got to watch President Boyd K. Packers funeral. Although the loss of one of our apostles is sad, the meeting was good. It's nice to hear from our other general authorities about the knowledge they have of the plan of salvation and that there is a life after this one!

On Sunday, our devotional was given by the MTC administration director. He spoke about the power and the importance of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is essential to our religion and is a great tool in our own personal conversion as well as the conversion of our investigators. 

I said goodbye to Elder Cameron Fleming this week as he is heading out to the mission field in Portland. It's sad to see all my friends head out with me still here at the MTC, but the time I have here is definitely needed in learning the language.

My companion and I teach multiple lessons a week to investigators. The language barrier for teaching is still a big problem and its hard to get our message across. But I'm lucky to have my companion, Starsi Newman, because he is really good at the language. Right now I'm relying on him a lot! 

Time here at the MTC is pretty weird. The days seem long but it feels like the weeks go by fast! And as an Elder at the MTC for 3 weeks, I feel pretty experienced with the MTC schedule! The saying here is "weeks feel like days, and days feel like weeks." I'm sure at the end of 9 weeks here, it'll feel like the time has just flown by.

For our Tuesday general authority devotional, we had Benjamin Banks speak to us. He talked on the Preach My Gospel missionary manual. Preach My Gospel is a great manual that teaches a lot of importance doctrines. Devotionals on Tuesdays and Sundays are my favorite days here!

The other day I was playing basketball for my gym time. As I was going to get a rebound, another guy swung to get the ball and hit me right in the eyeball. It hurt pretty bad! for the next few hours, I was seeing double of everything. Other than being a little sore, I'm alright now thankfully!

That's about it for this week. Everyday brings new experiences and new lessons to learn. Rely on the Spirit and you will be strengthened and guided in you everyday life. I'm thankful to be a missionary and to serve the Lord!

-Starsi Shirley  

No comments:

Post a Comment