Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I've Learned How To Really Work Hard

Elder Shirley and his new companion Elder Hymas

P-day with the new Brno district

The problem with 4 elders in one apartment - a mess!  Elder Shirley says that, "thankfully we cleaned it today."

Another apartment pic

The massive cathedral in Brno

A picture of Brno

September 12, 2016

Hi!

This past week has been pretty different from what I am used to. With the big city, it’s pretty easy to get lost. Especially when both me and my companion are new. Actually, I would probably say that we are almost always constantly lost haha but it is getting better. And the people here are nice so they give us directions. I knew Elder Hymas a little bit before. Our mission is unique in the fact that I think I know every missionary in the mission. With 60 or so Czech missionaries, it’s not too big. Living in an apartment with 4 Elders has been a blast. I'm sure in some situations, it could be hard but the other companionship is also really cool. On the day I found out that I was leaving Uherske Hradiste, I had lunch at a member's house, but because the members don't really know when we leave, they don't really have the opportunity to do anything for us. It was a little sad to leave, but no tears. 

The biggest lesson I learned in Uherske Hradiste was probably one of faith. I learned to rely on what I know is right and continue on even though I didn't really see any results. I could also probably say I learned how to really work hard. I had to, and I had to do it every day. Well, I guess no matter what, I have to work hard every day no matter where I am haha.

Just for a little more detail on our area. A usual day is spent mostly looking at the map and deciding what part of the city we want to go to. We jump on a city bus or tram and kinda just go. We usually end up getting lost, but I guess in the end it doesn't really matter because all we do is talk to people wherever we are. My companion came from an area that did street contacting or tracting almost the entire day, just like I did in Hradiste. So we are pretty used to just doing finding all day. The people here in Brno are a lot more open though. Maybe it is just because there are so many here, but we have already found a few investigators and we have quite a few potential investigators already. It has been a fun week full of teaching on the street. Hopefully this week we will see those people turn into progressing investigators. The ward here in Brno is pretty big. We have our own building here and about 80 active members I think. It’s a great place!

To answer your question, yeah, I guess I have missed going to the temple. I can't say that I understood it and went enough times to really love it, but I can't wait to go again! 

Love you lots!
-Elder Shirley



See below for some more pictures from around Brno

Pic taken while on a tour of a Brno castle

Brno castle tour

Brno castle tour

Main square in Brno






The tram where Elder Shirley and his companion do a lot of their contacting

No comments:

Post a Comment