Monday, July 18, 2016

Everything is Great in Uherské Hradiště

Another successful service project in the forest with some members

Elder Shirley and his companion Elder Hudson at the start of another transfer

July 11, 2016

This last week was great! Honestly, nothing really new to talk about. There haven't really been any new adventures lately. But hopefully, there will be more to write about in the upcoming weeks! District Leader isn't too hard, there's not a whole lot to it. But I hope I can do it well!  My responsibilities are basically to teach/train at district meeting every week and do call-ins with the other companionships and with the zone leaders during the week just to talk about the progress of the missionary work in the areas. I'm doing great still in this area. At first, I was a little disappointed to not get transferred to a new city, but then I realized that I just needed to get over myself haha. Missionary work is essentially the same no matter where you serve or who you serve with.

The new mission President (President Pohořelický from the Czech Republic) is great. The only interaction that I have had with him is this last week when we had new district leader meeting over the phone. He is great though! My companion, Elder Hudson, is also great. We're already used to each other so we didn't have to worry about the first few days of the transfer being a little weird. Usually when you get a new comp you have to adjust to each other, but where we didn't switch, it made it easy.

We did a lot of tracting this week. At the start of this transfer, we decided that we are going to attempt to tract the entire city in these next 9 weeks. We'll see if we can get it done!

The branch here is great as ever. I've been here long enough to where I know them all really well. I actually gave a talk this last week at church. It was on 'How can I fulfill the commitment to always remember the Savior?" It was a pretty simple topic and I enjoyed giving it! I feel comfortable enough giving talks now so I wasn't too nervous. I didn't even write a script this time!

We don't get too many dinners fed to us; most of the time we just cook on our own. Sometimes we eat pasta. We also have rice and pork a lot, grilled cheese, and halušky. Got any other ideas for something to make in 30 minutes? 

Love you all lots! Good luck with everything this week!
-Elder Shirley

{With the latest terrorist attack in Nice, France this past week, we received a brief letter from the Czech/Slovak mission office regarding missionary safety.  I’ve attached the letter below.  It is nice to hear of the great care and concern that the mission president has for his missionaries!}

Dear Parents of the Czech/Slovak Mission:

As we hear about the different tragedies that are happening around the world, President Pohořelický has expressed concern for you as parents, and that you might be worried about the safety of your missionaries.  He wants you to know that the Czech/Slovak area is a safe place and that your missionaries are safe and happy here. We are always praying for their safety as I know that you are as well.  May the Lord bless you for your willingness to have your young people serve here in Prague.  We love them and we thank you for raising such valiant servants of the Lord.

Warm regards,

Sister Tricia Scott
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints
Czech/Slovak Mission
Executive Secretary


No comments:

Post a Comment