Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Working Hard to Find People to Teach

Visiting a local mansion on P-day










Making the birthday cake that we sent to Elder Shirley for his birthday


May 20, 2016

Ahoj!

The weekly rundown:

Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday were pretty normal days. Lots of contacting. We are currently low on investigators, but we are definitely working hard to find some more! 

Friday was a little interesting. I got put into a tri-panionship for a day. My comp had visa work in Prague, so he traveled there with a few other missionaries and I stayed with the other 2 elders here. Being in a tri-panionship was really weird. We had to contact with like 2 people on one side of the road and 1 on the other. It was hard. Thankfully, my comp got back on Saturday.

Saturday was spent doing service and we had sports day. We had 14 people show up for sports night to play soccer and it was really fun. It was also my district leader's birthday, Elder Lanham. So we had a short "party" at our apartment and ate hamburgers and fries and cake.

Yesterday we went to church and then went tracting. While tracting, we had a lady let us in! She fed us cake and listened and talked with us for about an hour. We set up another appointment this week at the church building. We are excited to see how it goes!

Love you all! Hope everyone has a great week!
-Elder Shirley

{Below is some additional information that Elder Shirley sent in his personal emails to us}

I didn't realize that this past week was Memorial Day! It is called Memorial Day right? The holidays kinda just come and go here without us realizing it. I guess that's what happens when you are in a different country and culture!

For exercise, we either run or play soccer. The weather has gotten pretty warm and I'm constantly sweating. Short sleeves every day! And my allergies have decided to kick in recently. Today they were pretty bad. But thankfully, I have medicine! We made the birthday cake this last weekend from the cake mix you sent me. It was my district leader's b-day and we made it as a surprise for him. It was really good! I liked the oreos as well. You can get those here, but not the big packages. And the American stuff tastes better haha.

We are still a branch where I am serving, but we are really close to a ward! Only 3 more Mel. Priesthood holders away.   


No comments:

Post a Comment