Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Work Your Hardest and Truest in the Lord and He Will Help You!


Elder Shirley in Prague (a photo from December, but he's there again this week)

February 16, 2016

Ahoj!

Today has to be a short email because we are currently in Prague! I had visa work today and we woke up at 2:00 in the morning and took a train to Prague. We had our visa meeting and now we have an extra hour or two until we catch our train back and get back to Uherské Hradiště at 8:00 o’clock tonight. Talk about a long day! I should have my visa by the 8th of March. Also, I should be getting an international driver’s license soon! Pretty scary, right? Driving here in the Czech Republic will be pretty insane.

This week was great! We contacted tons this week, about basically every gospel topic there is. It was great! Hard at times for sure, but definitely worth it! We found a great guy this last week and he came to church on Sunday. He loved it and said that it was the most true of any church that he has ever been to. We are really excited for him and hopefully his wife as well. We are planning on giving him a baptismal date this week.

Over the last few weeks, I've been studying the language hard as well. It makes a lot more sense now and I feel like I'm progressing a lot more recently in my ability to speak. Work your hardest and truest in the Lord and he will help you! I love my mission and being able to preach the gospel. Love you all!

-Starší Shirley



No comments:

Post a Comment